What to put in your clutch
Though it may seem like a hassle to bring a clutch with you, trust me you’ll want to have it. In order to avoid a lot of possible mishaps at prom, there are a few things that you should consider putting in it.
- Makeup Essentials - Of course, you’re not going to want to bring your entire makeup bag, but there are a few things that should come with you to the event for retouches throughout the nights. These tings should include lipstick/lipgloss, eyeliner (especially if you don’t have a waterproof one), and concealer or a small compact.
- Safety and Bobby Pins - In case your dress rips or a strap detaches, safety pins will become your number one fix. Always bring a few just in case. Also, bring a few bobby pins in case your hair gets out of place. You don’t want all the time that was spent on your hair to be ruined because of a misplaced bobby pin.
- Q-tips - With all the heat and sweat from dancing, makeup is likely to run, and its important to have Q-tips in order to clean up under your eye or around your lips without ruining your other makeup.
- Tissues/Oil-blotting sheets - If your face gets oily like mine does, this will come in handy to keep your face looking fresh throughout the night
- Cell Phone/Money - Always carry a card, or a few bucks of cash, just in case of emergencies. And always bring your cell phone with you everywhere you go. You never know when you’ll need it, and the camera on your phone is a lot more efficient than bringing and extra camera.
- Mints - For after you eat dinner. Trust me, they help.
- Tampon - If you’re on your period, make sure you bring a tampon in case you leak through. You don’t want anything to ruin your dress on this special night.